HybridZ

overheating due to header wrap??????

I just installed some header wrap on my MSA header. I did this because I thought it would keep the 3x Mikunis cooler, and because I hate the header with a passion (had to weld on it just to get it to seal to the head, tubes are really crushed down inside coming out of the head, etc.). I want it to burn up so I can justify something better to the wife.

My engine has NEVER had any problems overheating, even during track days at 100+.

When I test drove the car I found that the wrap made quite a difference in noise, but seemingly little difference with regard to the heat, and the car suddenly seems to be creeping up in temp when sitting at stoplights.

It used to be that my electric fan would RARELY come on. Now its on the perma-fan setting, and it can't bring the temp back down. Sitting in traffic when its 90 with the heat going SUCKS :evil: Is it possible that the wrap is the problem? Anyone experienced this before?