HybridZ

turbo tube muffler?

snork

ive been reading some threads on ricers and fart can exhaust systems, and i must say i cant stand the sound of them things either. well, now my z sounds like one except louder and drives me f#@king nuts. has anybody ever used a turbo tube muffler? how do they sound? i saw these mufflers in some mag and thought it would be nice muffler to have since they would tuck up under the car nicely(old muffler was broke off). these tubes kinda remind me of the old chambered exhaust/ glass packs. i would like to have a respectfull sound coming out of the car, not a methane gas passing through a tin can sound. any suggestions?

a turbo straight through muffer will give a great smooth sound on a L. mix the sound of a RB motor and the Subaru FJ. and thats what you get.

they do drone inside tho, but man. high Rpm they GROWL!!.

This is what it sounds like on my L20et in my skyline. 2.5" exhaust, with a turbo straight thru muffler :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 240hybrid

Anyone now if Spiral flow mufflers made by Moroso are any good on a turbo motor. I saw it in my jegs catalog. It says that is designed to decrease backpressure and is less restrictive and more efficient than fiberglass/steel wool packed mufflers. Just posting to see if anyone has experience with a Moroso or this particular muffler, and at $46.99 a good price.