HybridZ

Virtual Smackdown

Phantom

Couldn't resist. I was over on a LS1 site where a lot of WS-6 guys hang out and read a thread about one putting the hurt on a guy with a new C-5. Several others proceeded to chime in about how the C-5 guys always underestimate the "much less expensive" WS-6 and then get it handed to them. Sounds familiear to some strings I've seen on this site. Anyway, I dropped a post into the string that said:

"You should remember your comments the next ime you come alongside a little Datsun.

1977 Datsun 280Z, LS1, T56, 3.70:1 LSD, 2,830 lbs, 311RWHP, 326RWTQ"

That got them stirred up! They were nice about it though.

http://www.projecttransam.com

Guys on http://www.LS1tech.com also got real interested in the car and one of them even posted pictures for me. On that site I have to go under "Texas Shadow" as someone else is the 'Phantom' already. So far everyone has been really polite and exibited a fair amount of interest in what I've done. Another guy even posted a video of a LT1 equipped 240Z claiming it could outrun a sport bike.

That video is of Darius' car. That car is crazy but so are his sportbike stunts. You can check out his car on

darius240z.com

He posted awhile ago on the chevy forum. He was explaining how he is trying to fix his lack of traction problems. :D

All the known stars are aligned for me to be there Saturday evening - may even have both cars if I can get my son to go too. got the windshield seal replaced last week so now the car is weathertight. If I can get the hatch lock rplaced this week I may even be able to have the rear strut tower brace installed by saturday. No promises at this point - just that I intend to be there.