HybridZ

Tremec 6spd tranny

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi guys,

Any info on a Tremec 6-speed out of '98 LS1 T/A?

I have a line on one with all the extras for cheap if I want it. I have a built 400 sb chevy pushing 400 hp, going into a '77 280z.

Anyone put one in a Z before? Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Spanky

BorgWarner was recently acquired by Tremec. My aftermarket T56 says Tremec on the side, Rob's, same model, says BorgWarner. Perhaps this is one of the newer models made after the acquisition. If it has the 2.66 1st gear, should be good for 450 lb/ft. If its the 2.97 1st, good for 400 lb/ft. If you found one of these for a good price, then your lucky. They're usually pretty expensive.

JS

Pete's right. Nice trans but it's designed specificly for the LS1 and I believe it's got a non-swappable integrated bellhousing on it. Input shaft may also be a different length. Some of the Chevy rags have had buildups using the T56 recently, if you get a chance try to pick up some of the issues of Hot Rod, Car Craft, or maybe Super Chevy and look for those articles....

Guest Anonymous

Thanks guys,

I did have the August CHP issue and it does mention the fact that the LS1 tranny and engine are a matched setup designed specifically to be used with one another.

...back to the search.

spanky