HybridZ

junkyard help.

Guest thebarracuda

Guest thebarracuda

ok

I've got a 79 280zx (LHD)

and a 78 260Z (RHD)

there are a few junkyards around here within blocks of my house. NONE of them have Zs.

What parts out of what cars will fit without mods into my Zs?

(air filter, radiator, injectors, head, throttle body...)

is there a webpage that has a LIST of the parts?

I posted this to another forum here, but was sent to a page that wanted money.

I usually post over at zcar.com, but I think this question has stands more ground here.

thanks

Guest ON3GO

well you need adapter but a nissan 240sx t-body works, they might be called the 200sx or silvia or even 180sx there (not sure about england).

i cant think of it right now but theres other cars out there that have bigger injectors that work on our cars, i still dont no if there in england though.

sorry i cant really be any help.

Guest thebarracuda

cool

we have all of those here

Nissan 240sx, 200sx, Silvia, and 180sx

we also have Skylines, Sunnys, and a few other Nissans.

I think I remember something about older Mercedes injectors. not quite sure.

I'm on an US Air Force base, we have all sorts of cars imported from around the world here. Some are sitting in junkyards waiting for me to pick at them.

I'm making a list of this stuff to put on my webpage. I'm looking for some help in making a pretty decent help page. kind of like a chiltons, but with colored pictures of various parts that are numbered that way if someone asks a question, you point them to the specific picture and say "number 4 is the doohicky that is making the noise. how do I fix it?" I'm also planning on taking apart stuff like the starter and showing step by step instructions with pictures. so a beginner could change out the bushings by himself.

The 180B SSS (six cylinder version) may have some usable parts. This was known as the 810 in the USA.

Also try the 910. This was the first generation Maxima in the USA. Like the 810, it also uses the six-cylinder L24E engine.