HybridZ

Fender Flares

What are the best fender flares out there. I want to run around 255/45/15 and not have them rub. I have looked at the imsa flares but they seem too wide, but i am not sure. Does any one have experiance with these or the motorsport street flares with these size tires.

Thanks

John

Guest Zachb55

well, with a tire that wide, and a wheel of that diameter, i dont see a neccesity to have flares to prevent rubbing, but if your just wanting to be safe i guess some ZGs would work well, because they are just sorta wide. my wheels arent very wide (7 or 8 inches) and the zg's cover them well, and i dont even think im going to roll my fenders until i get some bigger ones because im not too worried about my 14's rubbing.

-Zach

Have you done the body work yet John? Bought the rims and tires?

Pete P is useing 255/??/17 on his without flares and its lowered. I can get 245/45/16 under mine easy. I wouldnt flare it unless I had to.

Douglas

Guest Anonymous

Flares make the car looks twice as badass though. I'm looking into some nice metal flares as well, might have to make custom ones.

Guest Island Son

I'm thinking that myself ed73z, what do you have in mind?

I don't want a whole lot, but i do want the look they offer...

Sonny

Guest Anonymous

Someone posted picks of a 240Z with modified Porsche 911 flares. It looked perfect, somewhere in between mean and classy. They seem a bit pricey (approx $150 USD per flair) but they looked twice as good as ZG or MSA flares.

Someone posted picks of a 240Z with modified Porsche 911 flares. It looked perfect, somewhere in between mean and classy. They seem a bit pricey (approx $150 USD per flair) but they looked twice as good as ZG or MSA flares.

Do you mean this car...

attachment.php?postid=23033

Yes i did say spirit actually i said sprite, but i meant spirit. You think it looks good you should see how it performs. I have the best motoring hot version vol. 59 2002, they have abount 10 mins. of track time. I pulled about the same track times as a 550 horsepower skyline, rx7 and silvia s15. J do you know of any websites with info on it.

• 3 years later...