HybridZ

ls1 and lT1 mounting differences

Guest tom sixbey

Guest tom sixbey

I'm considering an LS1 (as opposed to the tried and true LT1 swap) for my 79 zx. just how much different is the mount location on the LS1 than the traditional 350 mount location?

Any other snags you guys think i might encounter?

BTW, i have manual R&P steering on my car, so exhaust shouldnt be too hard to conjure up.

Mike - contact John Radevich at: John@johnscars.com. He will sell you the motor mounts for the LS1 and, if you are running a T56 he'll have the transmission mounts. Lone Star 1 can tell you what he did for tranny mounts on his LS1 / 4L60E 240Z.

Tom - The ZX puts you into unknown territory. The LS1 experience so far is in the Gen 1 bodies.

Guest tom sixbey

thanks phantom for the info - i'll be able to fabricate motor mounts one way or the other, but i was mainly just wondering about the differences between the blocks themselves, and the physical location of the motor mount on the blocks. - i know that the LS1 supposedly has the motor mounts located differently on the casting than the 350s do, and i was wondering about that because at first glance they didnt look too terriblly different to me..