HybridZ

Maxima Rear Caliper Brackets for Z

Help,

Is anyone aware of the use of a "early" Maxima (what years?)rear caliper bracket being used to mount ZX calipers (what years) and rotor on the rear of the early Z. I am looking at a set but the seller does not seem to have complete information on the interchange.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Joe.

After a very loose search (many pages), I found the following info.

Here is the rest of the Port list, note that Port C is Ross C's converstion so no need to print that.

Small Rear Disk Brake Conversion 280ZX 4 X 4 1/2†lugs: Port D

Labeled as such only due to the fact that they use all stock Nissan parts that can be adapted for use on the 1970-78 Z car. Major parts include:

1979-81 Nissan 280ZX 15/16†master brake cylinder

1982-83 Nissan 280ZX rear caliper and hangers

1982-83 Nissan 280ZX rear rotor 4 X 4 1/2†lug pattern

1980-84 Nissan 810 Nissan Maxima Sedan rear brackets that have the floating dust shield

No E-Brake extension available after market but they can easily be fabricated. Rear axle must be removed to install the hub brackets.

Bone Stock Small Rear Disk Conversion Maxima 4 X 4 1/2†lugs: Port E

Labeled as such only due to the fact that they use all stock Nissan parts that can be adapted for use on the 1970-78 Z car. Major parts include:

1979-81 Nissan 280ZX 15/16†master brake cylinder

1979-81 Nissan 280ZX rear brake calipers and hangers

1979-81 Nissan 280ZX rotors 4 X 4 1/2†lug pattern

1980-84 Nissan 810 Maxima Sedan rear brackets that have the screwed-on dust shield

E-brake extension is available after market and they can easily be fabricated. Rear axle must be removed to install the hub brackets.

One add on, if you use the S13WB caliper with it's stock pads you will need to remove the outboard pads wear sensor with a grinder. You can use the S12W pads without modifiying them as they are the exact same pads except for the outboard pad wear sensor.

Enjoy!

Mike

Thank you Mike.

Ed,

I couldn't tell you if that is correct or not, but the calipers shown on the list were the 280ZX calipers (early and late), not the maxima. the only maxima component is the bracket. Plus, I understand that the later ZX calipers were lighter and had a bigger pad.

Ed