HybridZ

Whats wrong with my temp gauge?

80LS1T

Ok I have a Autometer Phatom series temp. gauge in my car. I have the sender hooked up to the thermostat housing on my LT1. It worked like 2 weeks ago but now it doesnt seem to work? When I take it out and heat it up with a cigarett lighter(I dont somke :D ) it works? What am I missing here? Could the thermostat housing be coroded(sp?) so bad that its not making a connection? All I know is that it worked 2 weeks ago! :evil:

Guy

Well the LT1 sender by the thermostat is for the PCm signal. The one in the odd bank head is for the gauge. Don't know if it makes a difference, but put your sender in a tin of boiling water and check the sender that way.

Tim

Well Im not sure what the heck is going on? I had it working again tonight but it seems like everytime I run the car it doesnt work, only when the car is shut off and key on. I know I am getting voltage to the gauge, the wire from the send to the gauge is good and no brakes in the wire, the ground is also good! I think I need a new sending unit? I just oredered one from JEGS and it should be here by the weekend. It was only $14.00 so I figured I would try it. It just seems like when ever I fiddle arount with the sending unit it works then when I stop touching it it doesnt! :roll:

Guy