HybridZ

Kablow!

QWKDTSN

My diff front mount let go today in a cacophony of thumps that nearly shook my car apart. I think there's probably some nice bolt-shaped dents in the underside of the tunnel from the front of that diff slamming upwards. Anyway, the short story is, it let go a few blocks from my house, and all downhill. When driving uphill, it slams and slams and bangs around, but as soon as you turn downhill and coast, or even slip the clutch along on a flat street, it's nice and smooth. I put it in neutral and coasted home at about 20mph with my hazards on. It went smoother than I thought and I'm glad I didn't have to call up a flatbed to drive me home 10 blocks. I got a good look at the mount - sheared off very neatly. Guess it's time for a new one and a nice length of cable :D For the record, I had no strap or anything holding it on there. I knew better than that but figured I'd let it wait... Just glad it didn't let go while slamming into 4th gear on the dragstrip. Keep it safe and tie down those diffs!

Hey that looks pretty cool, A lot of work though. I removed the rubber and welded in solid plate (0.5" mild steel plate) to take up the space where the rubber used to be. Haven't had any issues yet, been running them for 10 years now. Did the same on the tranny.

Mike