HybridZ

SDS installer in Dallas?

74Adam

I apologize for putting this is on the wrong board, but this gets the most traffic. I am just wondering if there is anyone in the metroplex that has experience installing SDS management systems. Alamo autosports in Arlington carries autotronic, I believe. Of course, they don't reccommend SDS (gee, what a surprise...lol). Anyway, appreciate the help.

-Adam

Thanks Phantom, but I already talked to Ross at SDS and he said he didn't know of anyone in the area. That is really surprising, but there ya go. I think I could probably figure it out if I had a gun to my head (any takers? ha ha ha). The thing I really don't feel comfortable with is installing the magnets in the crank pulley and mounting the pickup. Don't you have to drill into the block to do that? ***shudder***

Well, I just printed out the instructions for the EM4-4F. Maybe after reading them I will feel a little less intimidated.

My plan is to have Jerry over at all Z east do the EFI conversion (early 74) with stock components just to get the "physical" stuff working, then do the aftermarket management at a later time. The engine is a modified stroker so I don't how well it will run on the stock ECU. Well, I'm rambling. Any other advice would be welcome:-)

-Adam

Adam, you can get a competant machine shop to mount the magnets and sensor. Its really a piece of cake. No drilling the block is necessary, just 3 small holes in the balancer/front pulley.

Don't fret, it's not as bad as you think!

Oh, and you'd have been better off posting this in the EFI forum anyway, though the chevy forum might get the most traffic, I don't think any of these V8 guys are running the SDS.

"Oh, and you'd have been better off posting this in the EFI forum anyway, though the chevy forum might get the most traffic, I don't think any of these V8 guys are running the SDS."

True, but I knew Phantom lives in Arlington and I figured he would respond...lol. Thanks for the help. I'm going to go home and start reading those install instructions.

Oh, just giving you a hard time. You know how peoples' perception of Texans are sometimes. Yeah, I know the area you're talking about. I hope you didn't live to close to Love Field. I live off of lower Greenville in the overpriced district. As far as your question, the only place I can think of that has carhops is Sonic.