HybridZ

Poll:what color should I paint my car?

JKDGabe

I don't like plain white but like the idea of light colors as I'm in Tx and don't have AC. Although I love dark green and blue... (no, not together... :D )

I've looked through the album and saw some nice cars... got any ideas or better yet, pics? What would a pearl white look like on a Z?

If you want light, the how about a silver or a gray? Some nice silver Z's out there, though its very "sleeperish" to go with light colours... most people on this site realize they don't have a chance of being taken too seriously as a sleeper with the exhaust rumble, so they go for something a bit more wild. :D

A bit more wild... fly yellow, kawasaki green. :shock: Lots of light colours you can use that look good on a Z. Even a light metallic silver/blue is a stock colour for the 280z, and while not my personal choice, it doesn't look too bad on these cars.

Guest Slvrhase

I'm partial to yellow. Just finished mine Tuesday. '02 Mercedes Sunburst yellow.

I considered the same reason as you. Knew I would have to deal with 200 degree vinyl seats, I wasn't going to make it worse with a dark color! Silver looks good on a Z, though.

Guest greimann
I don't like plain white but like the idea of light colors as I'm in Tx and don't have AC. ......

If your sole reason for avoiding dark colors is the fear of heating up the interior with sun radiation, consider this: The vast majority of interior heat comes from the sun heating the interior through the glass. The small amount of heat transmitted through the roof can be easily combatted with some reflective insulation between the headliner and the roof. The stuff that you wrap water heaters with would be ideal.

BTW, I vote for BLACK. Dark colors show off body lines so much better than light.