HybridZ

Sticky Topics?

Guest gtmattz

Guest gtmattz

Hi guys, this is for the moderators out there.. I'm just wondering if it was possible to get some sticky topics in here? a while ago i found a post where racerx as well as a few others posted a ton of info on fighting rust, i am thinking that would be a perfect candidate for a sticky post. im sure there are others out there, but havent found them all yet. anyhoo, was just thinking that it would help reduce the # of replys of "search for it" :D

Its a great idea, I think in time you'll see a few sticky posts in each forum, answering the basic questions that seem to be asked a lot. Just leave a link to the posts you think should be stickied, and perhaps the moderator of the forum can take care of it then.

I wonder if this would be better served by creating FAQs on the various subjects and putting them in a single FAQ forum or page. I agree that it would be very helpful, especially to new members. But, I'm not crazy about having a lot of sticky posts at the top of each forum. After a while, I find them to be kind of annoying. Just my humble $.02

Guest gtmattz

I was thinking something along the lines of at most 2or3 common topics, #1 being rust removal/bare metal prep FAQ, another would be a general paint faq as those 2 topics come up quite a bit. I would be willing to scour the board and try to put together a couple FAQ's in my spare time, but as i am by no means an expert i feel a little underqualified :roll: , ive never even painted a car in my life)

I think what I will do is try to put together a Rust Cure FAQ and post it here for the experts to have a look at, so keep an eye out in the next couple weeks.