HybridZ

T56 Clutch fork install

GAZRNR

Help!

Is there a trick to get the T56 clutch fork back in palce? The spring loaded clip that holds it in place my challenge. Is there a special tool needed to compress the clip while silding clutch fork in place?

Thanks

No there isnt any special tool as far as I know. Do you have the slave cylinder mounting nuts loose? That will help. I know its kind of a pain the butt to get that thing in there but is should go in with those nuts loose. Thats how I got mine in.

Thanks to all that helped me diagnose the probelm.

I pulled the motor/trans and found that I had all the correct parts and the fork was engaging properly. The spring clip that holds the fork on the pivet point was stretched and would not hold the fork in proper alignment. I rebent the clip and will reinstall the trans later...all should go well.

Note: anyone using AOL or Compuserve as your ISP, I could not post and tried using Microsoft internet explorer and I can post. good luck

Rusty

Glad to here you figured it out! :2thumbs:

I have to pull my tranny because my rear main seal is leaking :cry: I am going to pull it with the motor in the car though. I dont think it will be too hard. With the MSA mounts there is some room to move around behind the motor and the firewall.

Guy