HybridZ

NEW TO FORUM

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hi, im new here.

I am looking for a 70's 280z to put my 383 lt-1 in as i am putting a big block cadillac motor in my impala.

any advice would be appreciated

thanks in advance

i am looking for a 70's 280z with a straight body

that i can drive around before i do the swap

Welcome Juan,

Being an LA guy you need to tow the Cali smog line if you want a 280. If you get yourself a 240, '70-'73, then no smog inspections. There are advantages to the 280's though: stiffer body, less rust, newer, therefore generally better condition. First things to think about IMHO.

BTW, cool dog. How'd you get him to pose so well?

Hi Juan,

Since you have all the accessories for the donor engine, you might well be able to do a 'legal' conversion, shouldn't be too hard, that way you could use a newer model, but you might want to consider the 73 and older 240, just because it exempts you from testing like Dan already mentioned. You should be able to find a car for relatively cheap, I see them in the classifieds all the time.

Tim

if i were to do it again i would probably do either a 280z or a zx.

if youre going to do a legal swap i would do a turbo zx in a hearbeat. cv's, rear disk, talking dash, r200, and funny vents, and that beautiful eighties center dash, oh yeah baby oh yeah.