HybridZ

Boost gauge!

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

I think my boost gauge is waiting for me at my house! Summit racing is a bunch of fast shippers! I ordered the gauge on monday night, so they get the order tuesday morning and ship it out the same day, and for no extra charge I got the shipment in 2 days!

Autometer phantom, 2 5/8ths I can't remember if I got the 0-20 or the 0-30PSI guage, but I got a cup mount and I am going to make a sheet metal bracket to fit on my pillar then mount the cup to that so I don't jack up my near perfect interior.

Is it rice to hook up a boost gauge before you hook up the turbo? I think so, but I am going to do it anyway! ahaha!

I am leaving work early, too excited about prepping the car!

Guest szlash280z

I also got an LED strip from painless wiring, so I will be able to have a 3rd brake light. I am all about the safety man! plus I don't want to get hit in the rear if they cant see my tail lights!

Congrats szlash. Summit's good like that. Not rice - just don't race anyone and lose or you're going to have to do some tail between the legs explaining to do! :lol: Let us know how you make out and post some pics if you can.

Guest szlash280z

other than trying to route my wires and the tubing this is a piece o cake install. I don't see why everyone is so hell bent trying to find a pillar pod that you have to modify. I just got the autometer gauge cup and used a drywall anchor screw to screw the cup base through the normal pillar screw hole. holds it perfectly and its in the right angle. plus it looks freakin good! I like the autometer phantom gauges!

Guest bastaad525

heheh that's the exact same one I have, I had it put in where the clock is though. Mine shows pretty much nothing but vacuum too... only because with no exhaust I'm reluctant to give it any go and let the boost come on :twisted: in a couple hours that problem will be taken care of at any rate.... gotta get as much done as possible today before having to go to work...

Guest szlash280z

I chose the 20psi one because I know I will never need the 30psi, and if your gauge shows less numbers then the numbers it does show will be easier to read.

for instance, my fuel pressure gauge, it is small and goes over 100 PSI I think, so I can't REALLY tell what pressure it is running exactly... I can approximate but thats it. It will tell me if something is wrong and that's a good thing.

Guest bastaad525

it IS a bit far for my tastes too... I had actually considered just mounting it on the dash... my dash is already fubar'd anyways, and my autometer tach is mounted up there... I know it's not the best looking way. But the guy doing my swap said it wouldn't look too good and that he always puts it in the clock... so be it :-P