HybridZ

Taurus fan: do-able as a pusher fan?

tannji

I am about to get the taurus fan, but my TPI cold air intake will interfere quite a bit if I use the fan as an internal mount puller. Can I mount this as an external pusher fan and reverse the polarity of the motor? Please say "Yeah, No Prob" = )

tannji

Shroud in the front seems like a bad idea. My fan actually hardly ever turns on.

Kinda find it hard to believe that your air intake is obstructed by the Taurus shroud? Is your motor mounted Scarab style? I have lots of realestate between radiator and motor in my car.

just realized..... I will be remounting the TPI motor this winter to the JTR position...... this will pull the TPI intake 4 inches or so back from the radiator = ) just have to endure mini-hurricane fan until then.

tannji

ok, so cool... this wont be a problem then.... Now I just need to find a garage... and look into finding or fabbing a rotisserie. found a little rust I wasnt expecting.... LMAO like there is such a thing. The spare-wheel well is VERY flexible.... I think it would fail a finger poke-test in spots. This might be a good excuse to find or fab a fuel cell for the well, and mount the spare in the hatch area, like a dune buggy = ) How badly would this affect weight centering, with the only other variable being me in the drivers seat? hmmm.....

tannji

The fan could be wired to run backwards, but you would lose a lot of airflow since the blade design is pretty complex to optimize airflow in the other direction.

If you were ever to consider such a mod again, I would figure out a way to keep the fan pointed forward when moving it to the other side of the radiator. Or just mount the fan lower on the radiator (if that is an option).

very good point on the airfoil design.... fortunately I "only" have to move and remount the engine to avoid the hassle of moving the fan....

:roll: I am going in the opposite direction of most other Hybriders.... I have a nicely functioning car and I am about to start basically from scratch to get everything either proper, or the way I want it. Time to build or buy a rotisserie..... (hint, hint.... anyone want to sell a rotisserie? = )

tannji