HybridZ

is there a wiring harness to do the chevy v8 swap

Guest 2002sentraSER

There is nothing I am aware of to mate or plug into the existing Datsun harness. You can buy complete wiring harnesses from Painless or Centec and there are others too. Lot's of guys have built their own harnesses and saved some serious $ over the pre-made kits. Tim240Z did a nice job building his own fuse block as well as his own harness. I believe there are some pics on his site.

James,

I would have no problem making you one, but 2 things to consider:

I won't have time until my V8 conversion is complete.

You should really consider doing it yourself so that you can understand your wiring so that you can trouble shoot issues down the road. Wiring is very easy ( I am certainly no expert).

I bought all the parts from MacMaster Carr, and have a parts list if you want. I am also running a fairly unique system (complete rewire of the car) I have the LT1, so the engine wiring (PCM) is different, I am not running wipers, radio, heater etc, and have all Non OEM gauges.....

Tim

Guest heinera

Here is my experience with wiring a 280z. Keep in mind I am not an electrician, mechanic, or expert. I am an optometrist...

I originally spliced the chevy v8 into existing wiring. The 280z had been sitting unused for 10+ years. It didn't look great, but didn't look that bad either. But I had electrical gremlins. The electric fuel pump, blinkers, and a few other things would not work. I could have just wired those individual items, but then I would have more mess and still have original wiring that could fail...

So, I read on here that the premaid harnesses were simple... I used a painless. Well it wasn't simple. About 60 hours later- I do have clean looking, dependable wiring, and everything works. If I did it again, I would do the same thing. Only it would take more like 30 hours because I would know more what I was doing...

• 2 weeks later...