HybridZ

'87 - '89 LSD in a '76 280z???

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

From what I have found on this board and various other places, it looks like all I have to do to make an '87 '89 LSD work in my '76 is to swap the driveline input shaft from my '76 into the LSD so that it will hook up to my driveline...

I am going hunting tomorrow, and will either be coming back with another 3.54 R200 to replace my worn out one... or a 3.7 LSD provided it will hook up to my '76 with no problems...

The best part is, I can get either one for about $50 provided they have them at the local U pull N save

Also, what about the 81-83ZXT's R200??? that will hook straight up.. correct??? What about the 84-86ZXT's??? I've also heard that some of the 86ZXT's had a LSD... is this true?

I want the newest possible one I can put on there with none or very little modding, since I need to get it put back together tomorrow... in other words... I don't wanna by any parts in order to make it fit.

Guest Anonymous

Hehe, I know the 84-3/87 don't have LSD, but they do have a 3.54 ratio...

And yeah, I know I could sell LSD's for a profit since I can get them cheap (provided I can find them)... Hehe, if I find 2 or more, then I will prolly pick them up too, cause I can always us a bit of extra cash... and I'm sure some people would be happy to get them fot a bit cheaper than they go for on E-bay...

And I would have to get rid of them quick, since I have to go back to Florida in about 3 1/2 weeks...

Guest Anonymous

Well, I didn't find any LSD units... I didn't even find any cars that came with LSD units... Oh well... ended up getting a 3.9 R200 for $45 though...

I didn't really want to go above 3.7... but I guess a few more RPMs wont hurt... plus I'll be able to take off even faster than I could before :-)....