HybridZ

What to look for on a 86 300z before purchase

280Zen

I have the oportunity to purchase a 86 300z NA 5spd for $300 What do I need to look for before buying another Z to sit in my yard! :oops: owner says body is good and no major damage, paint less than 2 years old. Owner did say the engine was blowing smoke (didn't say what color) I haven't seen the car yet, Will be looking at it before friday and if its worth it I'll pick it up.

It would give the wife a 5spd to drive so she can quit bugging me to drive my 280zx

LOL, Um only 2 really. The 280zx Im driving/restoring and perhaps this 300z. The 2 parts cars are pretty much stripped, One has been taken by another club member to pull the engine out, He will be taking it straight to the junkyard after the engine is pulled. The other is just waiting for me to call the junkyard for a pickup.

The wife is getting mad cause she wants to drive a 5speed, I keep telling her no, Shes not to good with a clutch and doesn't know how to downshift yet So I thought this might be a way for her to have a stickshift to drive/practice/trash and even perticipate in Z club events.