HybridZ

Help!What kind of performance brakes should I buy?????

I strongly suggest you email Ross Corrigan at http://www.modern-motorsports.com and see his 13" brakes--they use very very good quality parts and are made to order! He is an honest guy that is great to deal with--I have experience with doing business with him.

xtreme_brakes.jpg

There are reasons for not going with an aluminum caliper. This system uses the same ones that come on Baer racing brakes. If, however, you prefer something else, I'm sure that he'll accomodate you.

:2thumbs:

Davy

There are actually a lot of options for Z brakes. A lot of it comes down to cost. The Arizona Z car brakes are probably one of the best, but also one of the most expensive. They also don't have parking brakes which may or may not be an issue. And the guy who runs that place has a reputation in the Z community that is not so good.

Ross is definitely a first class guy. I have his 240 SX rear brakes. The brake set shown above looks excellent.

There are also a number of junk yard, do it your self options. The 2 most important things to get are a good set of pads and vented front rotors. Try a search in this forum and see what others have to say.