HybridZ

patriot headers

Guest Luigi

Guest Luigi

I need a new set of headers for the canfields. I searched and got many hits and read most of them.

Pete P. what did you settle on for headers? How's your engine coming by the way? The patriots from Jeg's are looking prety good. has anyone used them on an angle plug application?

I think that Mike kz has rewarders but hey hit the steering shaft. Mike, did they hit the first tube on the head (front of car?) or somewhere else?

the dynomax units look good but seems to be a copy of the hookers. the tubes for the center are on the outside not the inside, which is how most of 'em look when they are for an angle plug head.

Anyone else, please chime in. Before I thake a hammer to the hookers!

thanks

Luigi

I MAY try my Hooker block hugger headers with them, but the port match is pretty horrible and not alot of sealing area at the bottom of the port.

If someone had a D-port block hugger header in 1-3/4" with a 2.5" collector that was a drop in for the Hooker, I'd be very happy.

I have the patriot block hugger headers on my 327 in my 280Z, and they fit great. i have good clearance. ive done no hammering on them.. but i havent gotten the car running yet.... I'll let you know how everything goes in a week or so.

Joe

I just put a pair on an LT1 angle plug D ports. 3/8" flange, nice fit, clear the plugs and the steering shaft fine. But like Pete said, if you have D ports the match is bad. I talked with their tech support about it. They said it is the same pattern as the Hooker and they have not had a sealing problem reported. I don't like it though. Some places there is only a 1/16" wide surface match. If you buy them buy good quality gaskets. The ones they send you are crap.

I just saw a nice set at a local Hot Rod shop for the D ports that look like a much better port match. They were only about $30 more than the Patriots. Can't remember the name right now (oldtimers). If I drop by there this week I'll check it out.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone used Patriot/TTC 8037 headers in 240-280Z?

They are angle plug headers that look to have the room needed for angle plugs on the Canfield heads. I realize that the 8019's will work with Chevy Angle plug heads, but the Canfields won't work with them - the center sparkplugs hit the outer pipes. Since the 8019's I've gotten from TTC aren't really D-port shape, (but MIGHT seal a D-port), I figure there's nothing to lose by going with the 8037 over them, but I'll gain plug clearance.

What I need to know is if they hit the steering shaft, etc.

Thanks,

8037 are the headers that I used. They clear the angle plugs, no problem. But the drivers side hit the steering shaft at the collector. So I ended up adding a u-joint to the shaft. The passanger side came close to the frame, and I think I dimpled the frame just to make sure they didn't hit. I bought them coated at http://www.zigsstreetrods.com/zigs.html for $189. They have now gone up in price.

Thanks, Mike.

I was hoping the 8037s would drop in. I don't want to have to mess with another joint. That seems like something I shouldn't have to do on a simple block hugger design.

I am about at my wit's end with this. All I want is a block hugger that will fit and work with Canfield angle plug.

I can see now that I'm going to have to dent the tubes on the 8019 to allow them to fit (probably won't take much if I use shorter plugs, which accell makes for 3/4" reach 5/8" plugs like the 3924.