HybridZ

some pics of $100 280Z

dmanzo57

HOLY COW... That`s a BIG sunroof :shock: i don`t think the previous owner could have fit anything bigger in there.

The car itself looks like a sweet deal. My wife usually finds out I`ve got another car when she comes out to the garage and I`m wrenching on it. :D

Very nice find = ) The 240Z i recently picked up has the same size sunroof in it... looks a little cleaner than that, but you definitely couldnt squeeze anything larger in the car. Anyone ever cut a metal replacement for the glass? I Bake under that glass, and wouldnt mind at least the option to switch out the glass for something else. Perhaps a carbon fiber panel? :D

tannji

This is actually the second '78 280Z that I bought for $100. :twisted: The first one has a running L28 engine and auto trans.

It too has a sunroof. :(

I'm thinking about pulling the 350 SBC and powerglide out of my '72 Nova and putting them in one of the 280's.

This would be a drag race only car. The Nova runs 10.7's. The 280z should be about 500 lbs lighter so it should run

low 10's if I can get it to hook!

:cheers:

Don