HybridZ

driveshaft BW T-5 interesting find

So the nissan T-5 page that talks about the swap into early z cars specifically says that you cannot modify a 240/260 driveshaft to work with the T-5. Uh, wrong. The slip yoke that the driveline shop ordered for me fits the nissan T-5 and fits the original 73 240 driveshaft u-joints. I did go ahead and have the driveshaft shortened 1/2 inch. But it looks like it might have fit just by putting the new yoke on the 240 driveshaft. Just looked a little too close to me, only leaving about 1/4 inch if not shortened. My shortened driveshaft now leaves closer to 1 inch slack. Anyway, I can get the part number of the yoke they used if anyone down the road decides to use the early driveshaft with replacable u-joints. My R200 was not from a turbo car so the early driveshaft flange fits my R200 pinion flange. So I guess I would be in trouble down the road if I tried to use an R200 from a turbo car since they have a different flange. I could always swap the pinion flange I have now, so no problem.

The driveline guy said the part number is:

1203-26S

He said it is sold by the company Powertrain in CA. He wasn't sure who the manufacturer may be, and only knew of that source for the part. If anyone from CA is familiar with that company maybe they can shed some more light on where exactly they are located. I didn't press him for phone numbers of the company or anything, but I could if we can't turn up the rest of the info.