HybridZ

dodge 340 - shivvy 350. which is better?

Guest bobnagga

Guest bobnagga

I was thinking on dropping a 340 into my '82 ZX. I hear they're more powerful than the shivvy 350 AND weigh a lot less. How much less? How much more powerful? I wanna get all the info I can before commiting my car to anything. you understand.

Guest bobnagga

hey, thanx. that really helps. now I have some actual numers to look at rather than just "lighter." I was considering alunimun. D'you think that I would be better off to have the cooling system beefed up. I'd hate to warp a couple of my heads.

hey, thanx. that really helps. now I have some actual numers to look at rather than just "lighter." I was considering alunimun. D'you think that I would be better off to have the cooling system beefed up. I'd hate to warp a couple of my heads.

It wouldn't heart. I personally have never heard of V8 aluminum heads warping. They are built stronge, not like a Honda head or something.

Guest BigWhyteDude

if yo uare building the engine probly a chevy5.7 would be cheaper... could be that is. If it were my desistion i would chose the chevy any day simple because of th jtr and msa engine and tranny kits that are out there. I do love the sould of a mopar engine though. They have that unique sound to them :D good luck to ya man,

• 6 months later...
Guest hensonZcar

my grandfather put roller rockers on his 5.9L Ram and he says the gas mileage and power difference is HUGE. driving it, it accelerated more like a high-power sedan than a truck. gettin rid of a lil friction can work wonders :wink: if any of you go for the 360 , turning it into a roller engine is definitely a worthwhile upgrade. ive found them at:

http://www.truckperformance.com/products/?productID=260686

but im sure if you shop around you can find them for a better price

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

If you are gonna use that word, why not just use the word "hemi"?

Of course, a properly built 350 will stomp even a hemi. Anyone is welcome to pull one of them purdy Rams up next to my GMC if they'd like :D