HybridZ

Complete fiberglass bodykits

Guest yatsen

Guest yatsen

Hello there,

Could anyone please provide me with links to reputable companies that produce complete fiberglass bodykits? Not just hoods, fenders and quarter panels, but something along the lines of

http://www.arizonazcar.com/bodies.html (these guys are out of business I guess?)

It has to be something that can be driven on the streets though. No need to scrape stuff off the streets, if you know what I mean :wink: I live in Europe and it would be nice if it were a European based company.

Guest Willieboy240z

Reaction research is very high quality. It will be quite costly to ship to your location. The shipping/customs/import duties will likely exceed the value of the parts.

Guest yatsen

Yes, shipping costs are my main concern. I live in the Netherlands and I bet most US based companies wouldn't be interested in trading their products for some fine Dutch cheese :( That British company might be a good option. What I want to do is get a complete fiberglass body or (the next best thing) replace every piece of panel with fiberglass.

Guest Willieboy240z

You will find that many of the US kits and fiberglass compoents are ADD ON. That is, with few exceptions, you would attach the component onto the existing steel body panel.

If you're looking for a complete fiberglass body of very high quality and don't mind if it looks somewhat like an AC Cobra, I've heard that there is going to be a Tomahawk going up on the block soon. It's a completed car though. The kits are pretty much N.A. And again there's that shipping thing, it's in San Francisco.

FYI, my Z has lots of Reaction Research glass on it. Good stuff, professional operation. Not cheap, but if you're paying a body man to fit and finish it, it's cheaper than the cheap stuff that takes more time to get "right".

Speaking of cheap crap: has anyone noticed that Showcars has pirated a bunch of other peoples pics? Including a shot of my car. :cuss:

Guest yatsen
If you're looking for a complete fiberglass body of very high quality and don't mind if it looks somewhat like an AC Cobra' date=' I've heard that there is going to be a Tomahawk going up on the block soon. It's a completed car though. The kits are pretty much N.A. And again there's that shipping thing, it's in San Francisco.

I've seen those. I prefer something that looks more like a Z though :wink:

FYI, my Z has lots of Reaction Research glass on it. Good stuff, professional operation. Not cheap, but if you're paying a body man to fit and finish it, it's cheaper than the cheap stuff that takes more time to get "right".

Do you have some pics you'd like to share? I no ticed you don't have a personal web page.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I am thinking about getting into the hobby of making custom fibrerglass parts, etc. May still be a little ways off, but I am really intent on making custom parts for my own styling. I am sure it wouldnt be too hard to make molds for the other parts of the car.

Speaking of cheap crap: has anyone noticed that Showcars has pirated a

bunch of other peoples pics? Including a shot of my car. :cuss:

I've heard that from a few different people. Consensus is that you should be able to sue for royalties. (If you really wanted) :wink:

For the information of all

I'd like to thank the many posters at HybridZ.org that alerted me to the fact that showcars.com was using my copyrighted photos to promote their website product catalog pages.

I identified at least 11 of my copyrighted photos or those from my customers and website contributors, pirated from my website, ZPARTS.COM and illedgally displayed at showcars.com. John Washington discovered several lifted from his website as well. Both John and I contacted the owner and webmaster of showcars.com about this discovery. To my knowledge, all that I had copyrights to were promplty removed and I believe John had similar success, but I will let him speak for himself if he wishes to.

As a result, I now have a copyright attorney plus my reliable digital copyright encoding service involved in looking for more violations around the internet. If any of you may not quite understand or be clear about the gravity of importance of copyright issues and violations related to unauthorized use of digital photos around the internet, you might find an article by Curtis Scott, owner of Kitcar.com, something of an interesting read. According to Mr. Scott, he has been quite successful in collecting many thousands of dollars from violators that crossed his path thinking they were immune from prosecution when they pirated articles and images from his website. Link to article is at bottom of page at http://kitcar.com/

Article is entitled: "About Copyrights and Copyright Infringement on the World Wide Web"

Brief clarification about posting my photos within Hybridz.org forum threads. My most favorite group of Z enthusiasts is that at HybridZ.org. Because of our common interests in sharing customizing ideas I am usually very open and appreciative of the frequent insertion of ZPARTS.COM imgage URLs into HybridZ.org forum topic threads, leading to photos I take and display in abundance at my ZPARTS.COM website. As long as all copyrighted images from my website REMAIN ON MY WEBSITE SERVER and no one else's and are not represented as belonging to someone or website not the legal copyright holder, I am usually quite happy to have them displayed in all Hybridz.org forums for all to enjoy and discuss.

If any of you desire to display any of my images for other reasons not commercially oriented or for website promotion, I encourage you to contact me about permission to use them. Quite often I am open to granting limited rights for private use if I am asked first.

Thanks again to the many here that were concerned enought to alert me and other copyright holders about transgressions mentioned.

Eric Neyerlin - owner of ZPARTS.COM

As long as all copyrighted images from my website REMAIN ON MY WEBSITE SERVER and no one else's and are not represented as belonging to someone or website not the legal copyright holder, I am usually quite happy to have them displayed in all Hybridz.org forums for all to enjoy and discuss...If any of you desire to display any of my images for other reasons not commercially oriented or for website promotion, I encourage you to contact me about permission to use them. Quite often I am open to granting limited rights for private use if I am asked first...

That's very reasonable---thanks, Eric. :-D

If we are unknowingly hosting any of your copyrighted photos, please let us know.

Davy