HybridZ

'83 Turbo dizzy, could it be the solution?

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Talked to a guy today that has an '83 dizzy, remanufactured by nissan, he wants $150 for it. Before I make any more $$$ mistakes spending money where it shouldn't be spent, do you guys think it could be the dizzy and/or the '81 CAS that was causing my original problem from my other thread? Talking about the miss and stumble at idle and low rpm, the erratic timing light flash when connected to #1 wire (but not when connected to the other 5), and the timing dropping down about 4*, when revved slowly to about 1000rpm it will just suddenly drop, before starting to advance.

Keep in mind I replaced just about everything else ignition related, cap (tried 2 different ones), rotor, plugs, wires (tried 3 different sets) and coil (tried three different ones). I've also checked, adjusted and/or replaced the ECU and most of the sensors. I know Yo2001 hit the nail on the head when he mentioned about bad bushings, saying how that would cause timing to retard like that before advancing. I'm assuming those bushings are an integral part of the dizzy itself and would be replaced if I replace the unit?

Do you guys think replacing it and eliminating the '81 CAS could be the solution?

Guest szlash280z

I got a Dizzy from Advance auto, it has a better looking CAS inside it and lifetime warranty. It was $230 though. The dizzy was causing all my headaches from before, I don't know if it will fix your 81 ECCS system by going to an 83 Dizzy though. See if the guy will let you try it out first. After you get the head rebuilt that is.

Guest bastaad525

part of me thinks that, even if it were not to solve my problems, after all the negative posts I've read about the '81 CAS setup, I'll be better off anyways.

Guest bastaad525

yeah see I figured it would have to be the dizzy too, if I've already replaced everything else that carries spark to the cylinders. From what I understand it's a pretty easy swap.