HybridZ

Vibration-mounts replaced

innerware

Hey all, I tried to search for cures of vibration but not many were found. I ahve a 78 280 still with the original motor and everything. I replaced my driveshaft with the one from motorsport auto(replacable u-joints) and replaced my tranny mount and diff mount. I thought this would stop my car from vibrating. It didn't, Could I have installed the driveshaft wrong? Are there any other places to look for this problem. Could my flywheel be unbalanced? How do I tell if it is a tranny problem? It is a 4 speed. I notice the vibration at all speeds, but not as bad or at all when sitting idle. I don't have the clunk that I used to before I replaced the diff mount. That is good. What are the best ways to track this down?

Thanks once again,

Kyle

Have you confirmed the driveshaft U-joints are lined up? I realize there is no slip joint that would allow this, but if it was fabricated poorly...

What about your halfshaft U-joints? Your shocks? Your mustache bar bushings? Tires balanced, not flat-spotted?