HybridZ

even if i had all of the money in the world....

JoeinCA

I still dont think it would enough to get this Z in perfect driving order!

I managed to go through another $700 in 2 weeks in odd parts and the like for my Z.

I just had to buy 4 new rubber brake hoses, because i burst one when i took my friend for a ride :roll: ... I just ordered a vacuum canister too..

I think that the only thing i need to buy now should be heater hoses and some insulation....

Is there anyone here who is really good with covering doorpanels and making headliners? Advice or help would be much appreciated.

the money pit is deeper than i could have ever imagined!(and it wont take small bills)

Joe

half empty or half full?

I dunno but i better stop at a gas station, because i cant trust my darned guages!

Corzette... I think you have ALOT more invested in your car than i in mine:-).. Very nice.

hehe... i am using tire sidewall scraps and aerosol can style rtv silicone to seal up the holes in my floor where i am missing the oem rubber plugs...

my parts get into the store at 3:00... 15 minutes and counting...

Joe

lol...sounds so familiar....luckily for me I got to spend two years restoring mine in Okinawa while I was here. I am still not done but it keeps me busy. Spending is gonna be seriously deminished shortly as I am retiring and will need a stinkin job...lol. I am frantically buying lots of stuff now to finish my upgrades etc. The bad thing is its all on bredit and will still have to apy later! lol. I though a VISA card was supposed to be majic or something! Good Luck Joe, you now have 10 minutes remaining!

CZ :lol:

yep our Z's are money pits...

its funny with all the cars ive owned in the past not untill i owned this Z car did everybody at my local autoparts stores know my name by heart.

"how you doing today Mr. Sabatino, is that old Z done yet"

"no no no, its never gonna get done, gonna be a while for the car to even seen new paint"

"well when you get that thing done be sure to bring it by so the guys can see it"

"will do"

hehe i have that convo like each day at these stores.

but ill sat it loud and clear... you guys are lucky, your older and have steady cash coming in and also the time to work on your cars.

being 19 sucks man... ya true i have done alot so far with my Z bu still.. i cant wait to that day when i finish this Z so i can start on another...

mike

ON3GO:

Being young isn't that bad.... I'm 18, and the only reason that i have been able to do all of this stuff to my car is because i do not HAVE to work full time to support myself and pay bills and such. when i work all of the money can go to the car....

having free food is great. the only really bad thing about living under your parent's roof... is that you are living under your parent's roof....

Anyhow... i need to put a new oil filter on, and refill the engine. then replace my brake lines, bleed the brakes (grr), buy some insulation and cut it to fit, try once more to isolate my electrical woes, fix minor fuel leak, fix minor tranny leak, install carpet, build some 6X9 speaker boxes, wire up the stereo again. make a new headliner, recover door panels, install heater, get alignment, secure brake/fuel lines apprpriately, try to find new seats and install, and then it is safe to drive.

though i could definetly use some new struts and springs..

everything except the door panels/headliner/seats has to be done in the coming week... and i am down to about... $90. plus i still owe for my differential...

no sweat.

Joe

wow you got alot done for being even younger then me!

congrads.

ill go threw my list...

still have to install my front struts (thats if there done yet), then install all the brakes and custom brake lines, then gotta fool around with the coilovers, then i have to jack up the rear fast, get the rear struts done, install everything, e-brake, Silvia rear brakes, lines, then off to my engine it goes!!

then i have my suspension, and engine done (still will need other things) with a mesed up interior and exterior...

with rims sticking out wayyyyyyy past the body hehe.. mexican rice!

Thank you.

I have seen (drueled over) the list of parts that you have going into you Z... Those are some pricey looking rims you have...

I prioritized differently than you did I think.. :-)

i had to rebuild from the unibody up with (ugh) stock suspension and brakes. Taking your time is almost always the fastest way to get things done. Especially with brakes and suspension, remember that all of that GO from the engine needs equal and opposite STOP available from the brake and suspension! So be careful and do it right.

(theres my safety tip for the day)

Replacing brake hoses is so easy! it only took around 25 minutes for me to do the front hoses. I am glad that they didn't turn into another epic struggle.

Brake hoses: another $53.50

single peice oil pan gasket(s)+sealer+idiot Tax: $70

hospital visits: 5 bucks! (best deal of the month?)

Tires/rims:$140 ! definetly the deal of the month, thanks drmattyg.

back to work,

Joe