HybridZ

driveshaft?

Guest H-TownSupraRacer

Guest H-TownSupraRacer

Hi all. Well im getting a RB25DET in my 76 280ZX and I supposedly need a new driveshaft. I have 2 questions. First, what driveshaft do i need that will fit from a 6speed skyline tranny to a 280ZX rear end? Second, I heard I only need the first half of the driveshaft is that true?

well, for one, there is no skyline 6 speed tranny.

2nd, if your car is a '76, its a 280z, not a zx (they're quite different)

Finally, you'll have to have a shop fabricate a driveshaft for you with 1 u-joint end from a Z that bolts up to the Z diff, the other with a skyline driveshaft spline that goes into the transmission.

well, for one, there is no skyline 6 speed tranny.

RB26-DETT: 2597cc EFI DOHC 24 valve 6 cylinder Twin Turbo. Power: 208kw @ 6800rpm. Torque: 368Nm @ 4400rpm. Gearboxes: 4WD 6 Speed man. From: R32 Skyline GTR 4WD, R33 Skyline GTR 4WD and R34 Skyline GTR

its from here... http://www.pandablue.com/nissansilvia/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=6877&PN=1

well if he is getting a half cut with a RB25DET he is getting the 5-speed tranny..

your gonna need the GT-S driveshaft and the driveshaft that connects to ur rear end so you can get a custom one made, unless theres one that fits but im not sure..

• 3 weeks later...