HybridZ

Running 2.25" or 2.5" pipings on intercooler?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi

Are there setbacks if I run 2.5" pipings on the intercooler?

My intercooler is a 2.5" opening.

And if I go 2.25" pipings, I have to switch from the size from the Turbo outlet 2" to 2.25" then to 2.5" at the Intercooler, then back to 2.5" then up to 3" at the Throttle Body.

Is it better to keep all air flow current the same with the same pipings? Should I go from the Turbo 2" to 2.5" all around then 2.5" to 3" at the Throttle Body?

What's the difference?

Nathan

Is it better to keep all air flow current the same with the same pipings? Should I go from the Turbo 2" to 2.5" all around then 2.5" to 3" at the Throttle Body?

Nathan

I don't know if anyone knows for sure what is "better".

My intercooler is 2" inlet and outlet, so I ran 2" into and out of the IC, then opened to 2-1/4" then 2-/12", then 3", and flared the 3" out to 3-1/8 for my Weber TB. It works great.

My suggestion is do what makes sense to you - personally I'd run 2" out of the turbo, flare it to 2-1/2" for the IC, run 2-1/2" out and transition it to 3 before the TB, in whatever configuration that works for you to fab.