HybridZ

Flares that will fit 18x10 rims?

Guest EvoGenesisX

right but his combo is considerably higher, plus he essentially has 10mm of extra backspacing, not that it couldnt be taken care of with spacer, but according to my measurement, the taller the combo, the more negative you need because of the shape of everything inside, Everyone I have seen running 17 or lager with a 10inch or wider wheel has negative offset, whereas the 15 or 16x10 combos are using a dead 0 offset.

Some ideas for comparisons sake.

Mark Owens 71 240Z running 17x11.5, 4 bolt, Weld 3 piece wheels at the rear with very modest sized MSA flares attached. Photo by Mark Owen.

mowen_v8%20exhst.jpg

Below, my 1990 photo of Tildon IMSA style flares (no longer available in the market) from the 70's on a 240Z running 15x12 wheels with 345x35 tires at the rear.

tildon2a.jpg

And what would a wide wheel/tire discussion be without inclusion of the classic hot rod "tubbed" car example such as showcased on this V8 hot rod street dragster Z that I photographed at the 2000 West Coast Nationals. (and "NO", this is not a photoshop trick, as some have suggested. The sky and pavement were retouched a bit the but the tires on the car are as I photographed them that day)

00r11f24a_rw3s.jpg

Sleek Z