HybridZ

Would these heads be good on a mild 383sbc?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am building a flattop piston 383 sbc...and I came across some Dart Iron Eagle 180cc heads assembled for 500 bucks. Would this be a good head or are the intake runners too small?

thanks

ps..cam has not been selected yet

aaron

Those are good heads! It might be better to get the 215s or 220s but for the price you may have a deal. There are two things to look for though...

1. If your using "flat top" pistions you need to find out what size combustion chambers you have. If you have the 64cc you will have some serious compression ratio!

2. I dont know what kind of cam your going to use but you probably need to make sure that the springs on the heads match the cam your going to use. I bought a pair of Iron Eagles and ended up having to drop $100 on new springs.

what cam do you plan on running?

Flat tappet hydraulic?roller,ect? and how much lift?

I`ve got a set of dart sportsmanII`s with 200cc runners,set up for up to .525 lift flat hydraulic lifters.complete with screw in studs,guide plates.hardened pushrods,and crane full roller rockers.I also have the cam and lifters to match the springs. none of these parts have ever been run. they are on an assembled 383 that has never been fired. I would take 850.00 for everything including the cam and lifters,minus the short block and timing set

Sorry for not posting in the buy/sell board twak.gif

I know it`s cheap,and I`ll probably regret it afterwards. The money I get from these will go into my dart aluminium pro1 230cc fund.That`s where all of the money from the parts that I`m selling of is going to. I want the set with springs set up for up to a .700 lift roller cam ;) I`ve also got the Keith Black 10.5:1 hyperutectic pistons for 383 with 5.7 rod. selling pistons and rings only.also never been fired. I`m going to JE`s or Weisco`s at 11:1