HybridZ

new comp cams dynos

notice they chose a 350 with only about 9:1 compression and sportsmanII heads, both of those choices are hurting the larger roller cams but are valid in that they will show better hp than stock chevy heads and give a good indication of what your average hot rodders engine puts out, now of course adding better flowing heads like the IRON EAGLE orAIRFLOW RESEARCH and BOOSTING the COMPRESSION will boost the hp on the longer durration cams

http://www.compcams.com/information/Products/Camshafts/DynoSheets/

------------------

Interesting how the flat tappet XE274H is so darned close in performance to the XE276HR. Sure, the flat tappet gives up a bit of mid-range torque, but I can't see spending the extra bucks on a roller at that "small" a cam size. I'd buy the 274H or 4x4 version of that flat tappet cam and just put 1.6:1 rockers on with the extra cash.

As always, you provide great links. I'm just now getting together the parts for building my first chevy small block (I've done a few VW engines before). I have the AFR heads, the block, now I'm waiting for the rotating assembly (a 383 internally balanced Scat with 10:1 hypertoot pistons). I was just getting around to finally deciding which cam I want and this definitely helps. Thanks, as always