HybridZ

510 Wilwood brakes Just saying I know its not a Z

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Hey gang. I got my strut assembly today. Alright it looks like the 510 has 9 inch rotors. Man that is good news cause I can put an 11 inch wilwood rotor by .81 thick vented. The wilwood caliper bracket can be made without an offset ! It would have to because the caliper would then probably hit the strut or the control arm if it did have an offset. Just posting progress. If you think its a bad idea to put 2 inch larger rotor on the Datsun 510 let me know Thanks

O really. That can be done but trying to get the most bang for your buck is my objective. Its nice being able to sell an item for people that them to fit inside 15 inch wheels which are probably more common for that era. Any input is appreciated thanks Juan

One more thing. Most of the guys trying to upgrade on a budget buy 280ZX front struts and swap them in. Vented 10.5" (?) rotors, larger diameter than stock, and they pretty much bolt on.

I've been in a few 510's that need 11" rotors for sure, and there are probably more people that want to make the car stop well and aren't so concerned about running slicks on a track, so you'd probably sell some 11" setups, I was just saying that if you look at hardcore roadracing/autocrossing 510's they will have 13's.

Jon

Alright I got what you mean. Yea I know of them putting the 280zx. Well I can do whatever size rotor setup you may want. Ill hang on to the strut and spindle assembly .Ill go over to the 510 section and post my thoughts thanks

The best way to go is to make a setup that allows you to run Wilwoods on ZX struts with the stock ZX rotors, basically just replacing the "boat anchor" ZX calipers. Being a 510er for over a decade, I can tell you that setup would be popular, along with your Z conversion that also works on 200SX struts that many 510s use. Did I ever mention "You are da man!" ? ;)