HybridZ

Auto Meter fuel guage from Motosport

dsommer

I ordered that same unit from MSA. They also told me it was the right one for Zcars. But Auto meter doesn't even make one for Nissan, I thought. Well I learned the hard way. When I got it, the calibration wasn't exactly right......hhhmm. I called Auto meter again and Summit racing to do more research ( which I should have done before ordering, but I thought " these guys are Z pros...HA! ) Anyways, the early ford model is the one closest to the Z car sending specs, and even with that one you're going to have to modify it if you want it DEAD-ON. It's close enough for me, I still haven't got around to calibrating it after two years. The MSA one was way off.

YUP! At least that's what I got. When I opened up the MSA box I compared it with my Summit catalog and thought, Crap! But I still hoped that maybe this was some sort of "special" guage that was designed to work with my Z. But I soon realized what you just said. I could've got the same one from Summit or Jeg's for less. Not to mention at this point I had installed it so NO RETURN! Oh well, lesson learned!

As for the part number. I'm assuming you want the 2 5/8" Ultra-Lite since that's what MSA sells. It's been a while since I bought mine and I know the box is long gone. The only way to check is the back of the guage and my cars is locked up 50 miles away right now. I'm pretty sure is was #4415. I do know it is the one designed for old Ford sending units. Not the Chevy ones ( which is exactly the opposite of the Z ). Here's a link. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=ATM%2D4415

If you do order make sure it's the one for the old Ford. I searched their site but couldn't verify that info. ALSO, this guage will get your fuel level CLOSE but not EXACT. Pete P. has a good write up on how to calibrate this guage ( I believe it was this guage ) even closer to actual value.

Hope this helps.

• 5 years later...

Hey Guys,

Just bought the same one online (Motorsport). It says #4415 - IT WILL NOT WORK. I tried to order again and still got the same one. Since I'm here in the Philipppines, I have no way to return it back. It should have been #4416 with autometer universal sender #3262. Oh well - I ended up installing the stock gauge under the dash.:(

Edited by MrZ
Update from whom i bought the unit from.