HybridZ

Fuel Damper in 240zt.. Also feed and return line ?'s

Guest joeyhammer

Guest joeyhammer

ok.. it loks like my feed line is 3/8ths.. the return is smaller.. the vapor recovery line looks about 3/8ths too. i wanna use that as my return.. is this ok for the time being if im just gonna up the boost to 8 or 9 and keep everything else stock? also i have the zx turbo fuel pump and damper.. i guess i should use the damper but does it flow both ways? lol.. what i mean is theres no way to tell whats the inlet and what is the outlet.. thanks for reading guys and thanks for any help.. its gonna be a long swap.. but supposedly the motors got 5k miles on it.. its been sitting since 84

I used the stock fuel lines, and the car runs fine. I did not use the damper, but the local z mechanic said that the way I have it set up is fine. The only fuel related problem I've had was a clogged return line (the fuel pressure was high, and the FPR did not have any effect on fuel pressure) I fixed this by running a new line along the same path as the stock one.

Guest joeyhammer

my lines are def not 3/8ths .. the feed line is 5/16ths and the vapor retun line was 1/4.. ill probably jsut try it out the way i said earlier then run a new feed eventually..

Hi guys,

Im running 5/16" lines on my L28 turbo and putting out about 326hp at the rear wheels with no fuel problems. I also use a damper, but only because I had a knocking in my fuel rail which was caused by all my injectors opening at once (aftermarket computer) Ive since got sequential injection and fixed that problem.

Hey Mr. new member :) So, what's your setop? I love hearing 326hp @ rear wheels on a Z. Joey, not to hijack your post - i ran a new 3/8" feed and used the original 5/16" feed as the return. ..but i think you emailed me. Sorry, just got back from a bar and trying to think.

Hi Jersey,

Mine's a 71 240, L28 7.54:1 comp, p90 head, o-ringed block, ceramic coated pistons & valve heads, big sump, polished & peened rods & crank, hi vol & pressure oil pump, 1 5/8" heavy walled stainless ex. manifold, T04 with hi temp coated snail, 3" mandrel bent stainless exhaust, 3 coils, Motec M48 computer, Silvia box, R200 LSD etc etc.

Its dyno'd to 17psi, but I run it at 15psi and at 15 it produces the 326. At 17 it produces more like 370hp at the rear wheels. To get to the 17 psi though, it spikes to 20psi just for a second, so I thought it safer to run at the lower boost, It also breaks traction in 2nd and 3rd at 15psi and is just obscene at 17psi :)