HybridZ

So Staledale ...................

SpeedRacer

:D Sure!! Lots of them. My newly arrived grandson. Surprize dad, guess what? While they's been a lot of remodeling of the house to make a nursery and move my son into a new bedroom, so the GTO hasn't gotten any attention. I'm finishing up a chest of drawers for my son and back to the garage I go. Just a little set back. Will have some updates soon. I'm ready to pull the six so I can see how the 12 fits. Then I start on the frame. I'll post the pictures then.

album_pic.php?pic_id=1402

Dale's V12/GTO

Hi Dale:

I didn’t have to cut the fire wall but I did have to whack it pretty hard just below the heater core to fit in my home made bell housing. If you are using something stock you should be OK. What transmission are you using?

The rotors and callipers were from a 92 Camaro with home built calliper holders. Too heavy! Try the 1990 Toyota 4 runner calliper with an 84 300zx rotor.

It looks like your exhaust manifold(s) might interfere with the steering column.

The body looks great.

The carbs look simply incredible!

Get the car as high as you can for that trial fit. That engine/transmission combination is a long one. I even thought about dropping the car over the engine at one point. But it does fit eventually. Good luck.

Cheers…:::Glenn

F1 is the ONLY reason I got digital cable, this has been a killer season

cool podium at Indy raising the car up like that.

Your car is going to sound awesome when it is all done

It is rated at 300HP stock, at 5.3L (326ci). But with free flowin exhaust, the weber carbs, a little cam, and the smog pumps gone, I hope to get close to 400HP. Dot has a Jag V12 in his, and it weights in at 3200lbs, that is my main concern. He went with a Corvette rear, I'm using an XKE irs, so that should be close. I'm putting a frame under mine so did DOT. I was hoping to be a little lighter but!!!!! I'm also using the turbo 400 from Jag (GM) for now. 3.31 posi rear. :D

Wish it was a Ferrari V-12, A Jag is all I could afford. I'm building a coupe, of the GTO. If you click under this post on my profile then click on Staledales presonal gallery you'll see my car. The black body panels are Vella-Rossa, and the gray is from Stable. I got my body on a 77 Z with the roof wacked off and the quarters and doors trimmed with a tourch. I saved it and stuff it away for some reason (got a Cadillac 500ci for it) the body, floors, and frame rails are great on it. But I wanted a coupe and switched the fiberglass to my 72 Z. It is pertty solid but the frame rail where the front crossmember bolts on is bent, so the full frame project.