HybridZ

seats and a neat windshield install

Guest Perry

I just bought a 4th generation camaro with a power drivers seat and I think it would make a great and cheap option for my 280Z. At a swap meet yesterday the passenger seat was going for $40, I have seen whole sets of 4 seats for $200 in new condition. has anyone put these in and want to comment on them?

Also at the swap meet was a 280Z drag car. it was basically a tube chassis with some of the Z left but I noticed they installed the windshield without a gasket by glueing it in place with the rubbery black windshield adhesive and smoothing it to make what appears to be a flush mounted windshield gasket. I wanna try but don't know what the windshield flange looks like. I thought the windshield would fall through the frame if no gasket was there. Or am I wrong and there is a pinch weld flange to glue the window to? anyone else done this?

Perry

I noticed they installed the windshield without a gasket by glueing it in place with the rubbery black windshield adhesive and smoothing it to make what appears to be a flush mounted windshield gasket. I wanna try but don't know what the windshield flange looks like. I thought the windshield would fall through the frame if no gasket was there. Or am I wrong and there is a pinch weld flange to glue the window to? anyone else done this?

:idea:

The windshield has a single flange that the OEM gasket rides on . Then the window fits into the receiver channel of the windshield gasket. I have heard of windshield adhesive that comes in 10 inch bars of clay like consistancy that apparently work well. A friend of mine just installed a plastic window on his boat with this material. Hope this helps

for your windsheild idea look in the new Sport Compact Car with the old Z in there. he has that windsheild thingy done to it.. looks very nice.

mike

Ok so there is a flange to keep the window from falling into the car.

I can't imagine any adhesive better than that black stuff in a tube. 800lb/in^2 I'm told.

When I get to doing bodywork again I'm gonna yank the window out and try it.

Perry