HybridZ

700r4 questions

hey guys, im in for a way longer commute these days, maybe 50 miles a day, plus at the track this four speed is killing me trying to stay consistent. just dismantled my once daily driver firebird and have me a 700r4 that needs plenty rebuilding, just basic questions i guess, dont really know much to autos besides how to install them and remove them.

heres what im looking for:

a pretty mean shift kit

a higher stall but nothing that makes me half to drive@ 2800 or so not to slip

i want to be able to hold gears to any rpm i want, but i dont want it to be full manual, is taht possible?

a way so it wont go into overdrive?

and what about the electronics, what do i need and what dont i neeed?

sorry sound dumb, i am pretty dumb when it comes to autos. four speed shocks are killing me, it seems like all the work ive done with the car is about breakage caused by clutch dumps, plus im tired of shifting, getting lazy i guess. any help is great, thanx yall.

heres what im looking for:

a pretty mean shift kit

a higher stall but nothing that makes me half to drive@ 2800 or so not to slip

i want to be able to hold gears to any rpm i want, but i dont want it to be full manual, is taht possible?

a way so it wont go into overdrive?

and what about the electronics, what do i need and what dont i neeed?

Check out TCI's website,they have lots of products you might need,put shifter into drive and it wont shift into OD! LOL

Guest Anonymous

I did a Google search on "700R4" and came up with all kinds of information about performance mods.The October 2001 issue of Chevy High Performance has an article with parts list and instructions: "Simple 700R4 Auto Lockup" to keep the tranny out of overdrive.There are all kinds of 700R4 mods that you can make for your specific application.Many of the sites go into great detail about the modifications and parts.