HybridZ

Intercooler fitting questions...

Chris-280ZX

Havent seen too many 280ZX's with NPR/other comparable intercoolers installed on them. I'm looking into turbocharging my ZX and was wondering what problems, if any, people have with their piping/intercooler fitting. I'll also be keeping my A/C, how much more of a problem have any of you had? All and any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys :)

I have an 1983 280zxt that I installed a NPR I/C (i believe 14"high by 29" wide' Works fine). I wouldn't go any larger than that or else you will have fix probs. I also have air conditioning, 2 1/4" piping. Stock Turbo; 240SX TB.

Runs fine.

Sorry Chris. Can't really help you with exact figures, since I installed my I/C, 240 TB,3" exaust, 2 1/2" DP, 370 injectors, about the same time. Haven't dynoed it yet, was out of tune when I did the 1/4.

All I can say the above mods really make a difference, am boosting at around 16psi runs real strong. Your exaust is really the best mod. But I/C really helps support all the other mods.