HybridZ

Differential Reconditioning

Guest thinkmonkey

Guest thinkmonkey

I have my R200 up on the bench and it looks beautiful on the inside (recently rebuilt I suspect) but filthy on the outside. I want to recondition the whole casing but I'm worried about using a wire wheel around the halfshaft and driveshaft seals. Its not the dust that bugs me, its the possibility of disrupting the seal. Valid concerns?

I think I'm going to leave the aluminum cover unpainted, I rekon it'll look choice :)

-David

Guest thinkmonkey

The seals are in good condition, I'm concerned about damaging them when I use a wire wheel to clean up the casing. It looks like it will only be a problem on the driveshaft side.

-David

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HBskinheadZ

I just replaced all my seals this weekend it is simple, use a socket the same size as the outer portion of the seal. To replace the pinion seal I just marked the nut and the pinion and then used a breaker bar to loosten the nut, I then counted how many turns to remove the nut. I replaced the seal than replaced the pinion flange and returned the nut to its previous setting and added a 1/4 turn per the manual, this took about 20 min total. dont bother buying a new cover gasket just use a good sealent after cleaning the surface. I use Permatex ultra black hi temp gasket maker and never have any leaks.