HybridZ

T3/T4 Install Gone Bad.

Jersey

Let us know how Majestic takes care of you and what they think went wrong. I also have a T3/T04E Majestic turbo that hasn't been started yet. Now you've got me concerned about Majestic's rebuilds. :shock: I hope that this is an isolated event and not a systemic problem with their rebuild process.

Just an FYI I had my turbo redone buy Majestic a year ago and so far no proublems.

I run a 50 trim T04E with a 50 A/R compressor housing (JWT Sport 400). It fits without a spacer. I am planning to dyno the car tomorrow then take it to the drag strip if all goes well. I'll post the results when I get chance. I'll probably be limited to 3?? HP to the rear wheels with the 50 trim wheel.

FWIW, If I had to do it all over again I would have done a 60-1 wheel in a T04E 50 A/R housing.

Guest bastaad525

Damn Jersey... tell your cousin I feel his pain!!!! Heheh and you know I do :) man I still havent gotten my car back... taking sooooo long to get put back together. I was even there with him all night last night trying to get it all back together. So... hopefully today... I'm going with him to his house again to help finish up and should be driving it home tonite. Jersey for the 15 minutes that the car ran I'm guessing that it wasn't smoking anymore? Hope that definately solved THAT problem at least... I still have this sneaking suspicion that reringing the pistons isn't going to be the solution to my problem :(

For the 15 minutes it ran, it ran better than it EVER did. Idled perfect and not one bit of smoke. This was all at idle for 15 minutes but with the old T3, it would smoke within the first 5 so i know this was the problem. Kevin from Majestic has us sending the T3/T4 back to him so he can either fix it or replace it ASAP and get it back to us.

Guest bastaad525

tell your cousin I just one upped him :cry:

got my car back, with new rings and bearings in the block... drove it for two days... then the water pump pretty much exploded... car overheated pretty bad. Was easy enough to replace, but after a few rides around the block after replacing it, suddenly the car is idling real lumpy, and the motor has started to smoke again. Most likely a blown head gasket, but the smoke looks like oil smoke again, not coolant. I think the motor might have pinged a few times and possibly screwed up the new rings on at least one piston. When I crank the car over to start it, it's making this sound... I know this sound well... it's the sound of one cylinder having no compression... same thing happened when the valve got stuck open... so... once again, back to not having my car :cry:

Guest bastaad525

not yet.. I gotta get some sleep, I work graveyard shift, get home at 7, it's about 8:30 now... time always flies once I start posting here... anyways the friend who helped out with the the rings is gonna come by later today (well more like the friend I helped out..), after I've slept and after he gets off work. We'll pull the plugs and do a compression test... I pray it's the head gasket, but the smoke that's coming out the exhaust definately looks like the same kind of smoke from before... doesn't look like coolant. I did check the oil and didn't see anythign that looked like water had leaked in, but then again my very first ZX blew a head gasket and smoked BAD, big puffy white clouds... I kept checking the oil... finally after about four days of driving it like that THEN the oil started to look a bit off... so I dunno...

but HEY I get to take the head off again :) 3rd time in a month... fun. Hey but again I can sympathize with your cousin... for the few days I got to drive it with the rebuilt bottom end, the car didn't smoke at all... still ran kinda funky (still havent discovered my electrical problem...) but no smoke...