HybridZ

So close....

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Amazing how what you think will be a couple hours of work always turns into a couple days :) Went with my friend last night (thursday) to help finish up the car... already three days 'overdue'. All that was left was: installing the rocker arms, cold adjustment of the valves, hooking up the wiring harness to injectors/sensors, installing the j-pipe, installing the front timing chain cover and oil pan gasket, installing the crank pulley and fan, installing the dizzy and oil pump. Okay well that looked like more than a couple hours worth of stuff to me but he swears two hours... anyways... we got it all done except for the fan and some final little bits like radiator hoses... I spent two hours alone just scraping old gasket off of the front timing chain cover... got about halfway done and my friend remembers that he's got one from another motor in a box that's already been hottanked clean... DOH!!! Got out of there at midnight just too tired to do any more... and really kinda sad that I still wasn't driving it home. So... today... *sigh* I HOPE!! gonna go back with him today... install the fan and hoses and that's it it's done (I think?!)! Cross your fingers for me guys that we can get it driving today and that this solved the smoking problem. It really was good to have done this though... we found and took care of so many other little things that weren't right (unfortunately none of which seemed related to the smoking problem) ... I really feel a lot happier and more confident about the car now. I just still have this sneaky feeling that it's still gonna be smoking.... *crosses fingers*

Guest bastaad525

dude... I have clamps ON THE CLAMPS!! Dont want any risk of losin any!! Actually I'm too cheap to buy clamps... I just use short sections of old hose with bolts clamped into one end... total ghetto looking... but I can't risk the $$$ investing in caps that may just pop off.. no way!

Guest szlash280z

lol, I put caps on, then put regular hose clamps on the caps. But I didn't want anything looking ghetto on my engine, even though I still ended up with some getto fab-o-lus stuff anyway.

Guest bastaad525

dude for the time being I have given up on caring how it looks... just want the f'ing thing to run right. The car is just so screwed looking right now... the body... the primer... under the hood. The interior is about the only thing on the car that looks nice, with new carpet, near new seats and door panels, and I am fighting to keep it that way but no one respects my car... so now I'm thinking of just taking out the passenger seat, solve that problem quick and lose some extra weight too!

Wonder if I can get a ticket for that?? LOL