HybridZ

Driveshaft Poll

Guest bluex_v1

Guest bluex_v1

Searches have returned zip here or on the drivetrain board...

What sort of driveshaft has everyone constructed or had constructed for their Ford swaps?

please list the transmission used and any adapters, ujoint numbers, 2" or 2.25" pilot diameter etc if you have the info. (If you managed to find an OEM piece, please give a center/center measurement)

Lets make a definitive Ford driveshaft thread out of this! :cheers:

Guest bluex_v1

what the ????

Search for 'driveshaft' here and get:

Search found 5 matches

Ford V8Z Tech Board Driveshaft Poll

Ford V8Z Tech Board Ford Forum

Ford V8Z Tech Board So many 302's, so little time...

Ford V8Z Tech Board Ford 351 transplant

Ford V8Z Tech Board shortened driveshaft fits C4 and T5?

s'up wit dat meng? :?

...all 5 of them dated 14 april or more recent...hmm...admins?

Anyway, thanks for the link. I didn't know of the ford>chevy ujoints.

That makes things much easier if I can use my aluminum mustang driveshaft, although I have heard from unreliable sources that there is a paper sleve of some sort inside the aluminum tube that is necessary for balancing somehow. Anyone ever heard such a thing, or successfully had a Ford aluminum shaft cut down and used with an adapter joint in your z?

I am using a shortened Aerostar aluminum shaft with Chevy joints. The joints just matched out that way. I had it cut by a competent race shop for a large price. I then had the balance checked by another shop as it had no weights on it. Perfect.

I worry because this shaft is driven by a double overdrive to a 411 rear. Spins very fast. I have had no complaints in 4 seasons of abuse.

Cheers…:::Glenn

It cost me $150 CDN or about $110 USD. All he had to do was cut it in the lathe and TIG weld then end back on. However he is the best we have around here. I had to buy the shaft as well. It cost me a six pack to have it checked. In comparison the steel half shafts ran me $50 for the pair, cut and balanced at the other shop. Hope this helps.