HybridZ

Leg room in a 240?

Phyte

Hey gents. I'm a newb to the Z world, and before I buy one I'd like to know how comfortable they are for 6'4" guys? I can't find any around Austin TX, but I have found one in Tucson AZ. Before I spend $300 on a plane ticket I need to know if I'll fit "ok" in a 73 240z. I plan on a complete rebuild including interior, so if there's different seats that allow for more room keep that in mind for me. Thanks!!

Phyte

I'm 6'4 and say 160lbs...fit no problem, a suprising amount of room. My problem is the head room, but that is only because my 240 has a sunroof with little latches that hang down a few inches from the roof.

Also, if you're having problems fitting, I've found you can take 1-1.5" off the seat by removing the spacers on the four bolts that attach it to the floor.

These are the responses I was hoping for. I'm 6'4 250, but those pounds are dropping fast. The one I found in AZ is in tucson. I'm waiting on some information on it. If it is in good of condition as the pictures tell, then I'll be flying out and driving it home. Oh the fun begins.

Phyte

Guest BigWhyteDude

im about 6-5 300 and most of it WAS muscle about a year ago i quit lifting wieghts and i kind grew horazontaly but do you think i could fit into a 76-78 280 reasonably well?

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
im about 6-5 300 and most of it WAS muscle about a year ago i quit lifting wieghts and i kind grew horazontaly but do you think i could fit into a 76-78 280 reasonably well?

Boy, you are a big dude. I would say you might feel a bit cramped up. I am 6'2" and 175 and fit great, but my cousin who was 6'1" and about 285 sold his Z a while back ago because he was too cramped.

Boy, you are a big dude. I would say you might feel a bit cramped up. I am 6'2" and 175 and fit great, but my cousin who was 6'1" and about 285 sold his Z a while back ago because he was too cramped.

That doesn’t sound right, I am a FAT short dude 6' 352 pounds tall body short legs have to slide seat forward to reach pedals,, and I don’t feel cramped at all in fact My 97 Thunderbird is Cramped but not my Z's. “I have 2 1976 280z's with SBC 400"

Guest BigWhyteDude

i know im a big guy thats why i chose the name i did :D . i like being this big but damn its hard to find clothes that fit. i didnt know about the 280Z's but in my uncles 86 300zx its cramped driving it. i have to let the seat all the way back and lean it really far back to fit under the stock stearing wheel. thats actualy the car i learned to drive a stick on:) when i was younger. By the way i played football in highschool. just about all positions on the O.L.

Guest bastaad525

6'3" 280lbs here, and I fit well though I gotta do some contortioning to get between the seat and steering wheel. Once inside leg room isn't a problem, though it's not the most comfortable car I've ever driven, that's for sure. I do keep my seat all the way back though. 240z seats suck for driving fast though I gotta say that.

im 5' 7" and 220, i fit better in a s30 than my 240sx. you gotta remember they were the first japanese sports car designed for an american market.

compare the roominess of a old roadster to your z. no comparison. mr.k. just really wanted to be a 6'5" 260lb white dude after seeing my fair lady

:rockon: