HybridZ

Ebay seller trying to rip me off!

TomoHawk

OK..... I was stupid and bought a cold air intake off eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38634&item=2432307050

But, I waws a little slow sending the money to the guy (late pay check) but the guy sent me the thing any way and I got it.

THEN, a few days ago, the same guy made a complaint that I didn't send him the payment, and wants a credit for the auction!

Of course I send the idiot an email message asking for confirmation of the receipt of payment, and an explanation of why he's doing what he did. No reply sfter 3-4 days, and since then I have completed another auction for some Talbot-type mirrors.

I tyhink this idiot is justr trying to make trouble for my delay, wants double payments, or wants to cheat eBay out of the $2 for the auction. Ebay sends you plenty of info on appealling and such, but since I received the item, I tossed the receipt for the money order, and probably can't prove I sent one now :(

Any one had a similar experience?

You need to open up a Paypal account. What is the sellers user id and his email address. I have contact numbers at Ebay and I could help you resolve this quickly and with minimal pain. Paypal is the best way to do business on Ebay as it affords you one more layer of consumer protection.

Tomohawk

When I first started using eBay and Paypal, I gave them a credit card. The card has little or no open to buy and I free it up only when I am purchasing something. It works real well in most cases and avoids the problem you are having.

I have opened/changed the account now and hooked in a bank account number mainly because I am selling as well as buying and it facilitates the transactions. Like the credit card, ther is never a large balance (less than $25.00) in the checking account, unless I want to purchase something. Paypal can not verify your balance only submit drafts when you authorize. Anyone else who got the number, whether through Paypal's/ebay's records or whatever couldn't get anything because of the miniscule balance.

Try it,

ecp48

I highly recommend Paypal for these types of transactions--they also verify that you have paid the slug his due. No questions asked; he can pound salt if the email from Paypal says the money was sent to his account.

Besides, no one said what the BEST reason for having a Paypal account: it's a secret account away from the wife!! :D

Davy

Paypal affords you no more protection than anything else...

I've heard of far too many stories involving people who would sell something via paypal, ship the item, and then have the buyer tell paypal that they never received the item, only to have paypal automatically withdraw the funds and give them back to the buyer.

I think we're missing the big picture here, guys. Tomohawk, you left yourself vulnerable when you threw away your receipt. By doing that, you went out on the grid without a hard cup. Now you've been kicked in the nuts, and instead of being mad at the seller, you should be mad at yourself for losing your proof! Who knows what could have happened to your payment? It could be lost in the mail. It could be paper-clipped to the back of his electricity bill. It might have been picked up by his next door neighbor, for all we know. It might not be the seller's fault at all.

I'm sorry you're having to go through all this, but remember that you don't have all the information, and you shouldn't decide whether you've been ripped off or not until you dig through the garbage and find your receipt. If the seller persists after receiving a xerox of your money order, THEN you've been ripped off. Right now you're just in the dispute resolution phase of a normal transaction.

Good luck finding your paperwork, and wear rubber gloves while going through the trashcan so your fingers don't end up stinking like rotten cabbage. :?