HybridZ

Bastaad!

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

I think you should seriously look into getting an 82 or 83 distributor. I just re read your spark plug problem and going off of my 83 distributor with the CAS built into it, it seems to effect injector firing and sparkies of course. Maybe your CAS is a POS...? the built in CAS IS better. That may be a shot in the dark, but the only thing that can cause a spark plug to not fire right would be the plug, the wire, the cap, the rotor, the coil, the fire signal and the distributor, CAS. You seem to have changed everything else but the distributor and CAS.

how can the 81 distributor not effect timing? does it not have adjusting slots on the mounts like the other distributors?

how can the 81 distributor not effect timing? does it not have adjusting slots on the mounts like the other distributors?

The only adjustment you have with a turbo distributor is the initial advance. This is the reference point for the ECU to set the advance curve. The '81 is no different from the '82-'89 in that respect.

BTW, with the '81, the timing advance is set by the CAS, NOT the distributor. So the '81 is different that way.

Guest bastaad525

yeah I dont trust the CAS on this thing... I've already decided I'm either going to get an '82-'83 dizzy OR go with an N/A ZX dizzy and MSD boost retard controller. I'll probably go with the N/A. It just really baffles me that it only sparks erratically on one plug....