HybridZ

Aluminum Radiator

DatsunBoy77

Is anyone out there running an aluminum radiator. I noticed mine leaking at the bottom seem the other day when i was pulling out my engine. How many of us have put in aluminum radiators? I think i want to put in one just slightly smaller side to side but thicker so that way it will be easier for the intercooler install. i am doing a restore on the car and want something nice looking as well as very functional since i am going almost all out.

Ryan

Guest JAMIE T

If you do a search for aluminum radiators, you will find plenty of info. I think the standard is a 19x24 with chevy style outlets. Most guys use use the Griffen, or whatever your local round track folks sell. Price is usually well under $200.

Dammit i havent gotten anything from them for a while. Its only been maybe 4 months since my last order. Damn them, but i really dont mind. I have nothing but time now. Damn knee surgery. I wont be able to put one in for a while, go figure, i finally get the car half stripped and now i cant work on it for what seems like ever.

What are the measurements of, it. It looks great in your car. Yeah, the number would be great. It looks like it fits in there like stock. That is the main reason i didnt want to go with some aftermarkets, because i didnt want to go larger than original as far as length and height, just width. And dont nothing look prettier than a shiny aluminum radiator.

Guest Tim78zt

I have the same Ron Davis radiator with that phone # and if you check their site (I won't give it out here because I do not recommend them any longer) they do have a 800# and an email. Try Be-Cool or Arizona-Z instead.

My end-tanks leak and have leaked very slowly for over a year now. I only got really 3 good years out of that radiator, and it was not mounted solid to the support. So I called RD for an estimate on a replacement...hope you're sitting down!! $455 plus shipping!! They advised me that they no longer sell rads with epoxied tanks like mine. Not that they leaked (well, except for mine, of course!!), they just wanted to squelch the rumors that the tanks were prone to leaking. So now your $$$ buys an all-aluminum welded unit.

Tim78zt

I have the same Ron Davis radiator with that phone # and if you check their site (I won't give it out here because I do not recommend them any longer) they do have a 800# and an email. Try Be-Cool or Arizona-Z instead.

My end-tanks leak and have leaked very slowly for over a year now. I only got really 3 good years out of that radiator' date=' and it was not mounted solid to the support. So I called RD for an estimate on a replacement...hope you're sitting down!! $455 plus shipping!! They advised me that they no longer sell rads with epoxied tanks like mine. Not that they leaked (well, except for mine, of course!!), they just wanted to squelch the rumors that the tanks were prone to leaking. So now your $$$ buys an all-aluminum welded unit.

Tim78zt[/quote']

From what I've seen of Be-Cool, their prices won't be any better. Aren't they the ones that charge something like $1200 for a radiator with two fans attached?

The rad that Scotty has is the Arizona Z-Car rad - Ron Davis made them for AZ Zcar, and they do not have epoxied tanks. The radiator worked fine for me (I needed a different size to accomodate a cold air intake for my turbo), and as far as I can tell Scotty is not having problems with it, either. As I recall, that rad is going on ten years old now, too.

Guest 81na ZX
If you do a search for aluminum radiators, you will find plenty of info. I think the standard is a 19x24 with chevy style outlets. Most guys use use the Griffen, or whatever your local round track folks sell. Price is usually well under $200.

For reference:

Griffin 24x19 Chevy from Summit: GRI-1-25202-X $189.95

BeCool 22x19 Chevy from Summit: BCI-65001 $289.95

Guest Tim78zt

are these radiators for the V8 Chevy-powered Z's or the I-6 cars?

The search results I found in our archives were mostly V8 applications and discussion.

Tim78zt