HybridZ

Sub-frame Connectors

Phantom

For some reason I am unable to get the search function to work for me. Is there anyone out there that makes a sub-frame reinforcing kit that I could buy for a '77 280Z. No apparent problems presently but thinking I want the option to strengthen the car before it goes south from the torque of the LS1.

The only 'pre-made' re-inforcing kits I've seen were available through John Washington at Reaction Research and Eric Nyerlin at ZParts.com

John's kit was designed to compliment the Velo Rossa and his other convertible kits and is bracing inside the car that runs along the top of the rockers and connects to the rear strut towers.

Eric's kit was intended to go with the Hollywood covertible kit he sells and is a combination of internal/external bracing.

I copied Pete's sub-frame connector plans and am installing more bracing on top of that. Lot's guys just simply cap the existing frame rails and add strut tower bracing and/or roll cages.